United Kingdom

Home > United Kingdom

Talk to our Experts


The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, which is also commonly known as the UK or Britain, is a sovereign country that lies in the north-western Europe, off the north-western coast of the European mainland. The United Kingdom includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands within the British Isles. The United Kingdom is a multicultural country and is also immensely popular with international students from around the world. You will be surprised to know that the UK is the second most popular destination for overseas students in the world.

The country has a vast diversity, which means your campuses will be filled with different cultures and traditions all the time. You’ll get the opportunity to mix with so many different people from around the world and learn so much more than just what you are studying in your international programme.  

Mind you, getting a degree from the United Kingdom higher education providers is one of the most respected around the world, and the choice of subjects you get to study is immense. A degree from any British university will add a lot of value on your CV, and when you are finally ready to work in the future, no matter the industry and the location, having a qualification from the UK will be one of the deciding factors. Teg Immigration Services can hook you up with one of the best universities around the great nation

Before you start packing your bags and embark on your new student life in the United Kingdom, it is very important that you contemplate what sort of visa you need as a student so that you can begin your thrilling adventure in this royal nation. If you’re willing to take up study in the UK, you will have to apply for a short-term study visa. Incase, you are 18 years or older and are willing to travel to the Great Britain for up to 6 months to study a short course, or maybe up to 11 months to study an English language course or undertake a short period of research up to 6 months as part of a degree course of your abroad studies, this particular visa will allow you to do so.

  • Tier 4 (General) student visa  – 348 pounds (INR 35,000), plus 348 pounds more for any dependants
  • National Health Service – 150 pounds (INR 15000) to 300 pounds (INR 30,000)
  • Short Term Study Visa – 6 months – 97 pounds (INR 9,700) 11 months – 186 pounds (INR 18,000)

Top-Ranked Universities

  • University of Bristol, Bristol
  • University of Glasgow, Glasgow
  • University of Birmingham, Birmingham
  • Newcastle University, Newcastle
  • University of Liverpool, Liverpool

Popular Courses To Study

  • Business and Management
  • Engineering
  • Law
  • Computers
  • Art and Design

Qualifying Exams

    The tuition fees to study in the UK could vary between 10,000 pounds to 22,000 pounds per annum. Your tuition fee will directly depend on the respective university that you are willing to apply for plus your average living expenses could come down to 10,000 GBP to 12000 GBP per annum depending on the location of the university. So, it will be safe to say that your total estimated cost of education in the United Kingdom per annum including your tuition fee and living expenses comes up to 20,000 GBP to 30,000 GBP.
    As a foreign student, If you desire to work while studying, then you must petition for a change in the terms of your student visa. You can either get it done during your initial application process or later, as long as your student visa stands valid.



    According to the latest update, a student can seek admission in United Kingdom if they fulfil the MOI criteria along with securing more than 65 marks in English in 12th Standard and have attained a valid test score in IELTS.
    Yes, a student can get admission in any university of United Kingdom based on their marks obtained in English in 12th standard. Along with this, a few universities also allow students on the basis of their MOI.
    Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or CAS is a requirement for United Kingdom based universities to sponsor an application for a student visa. One needs a CAS number to apply for a visa to study in the the kingdom. Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is an important document if a student is planning to study in the United Kingdom.
    The universities in United Kingdom are best for careers in engineering, science, art & design, business & management, law, and finance.
    This completely depends on the type of employment, one’s term of stay, and the existing visa status. A student can surely apply for a visa extension or a work visa to continue staying and working in the United Kingdom after finishing studies.